Saturday 30 August 2014

Nam Nam Noodle Bar

I am such a sua gu that I always thought pho = beef noodles. Although I've always heard people say how nice is pho, I never think about trying it at all. Then one day I passed by Nam Nam at plaza Sing, I was first attracted to their Banh Mi. It looks good but there was a long queue and I was alone, so I decided to come back another day.

Two days later, I visited Nam Nam with William. It was already 9pm but the place was still crowded. Unlike other restaurants by Les Amis group, Nam Nam offers affordable food for busy urbanites who want a quick and hassle-free Vietnamese fix, and the prices are inclusive of GST with no service charge (best thing ever).

However, I find it a bit confused to order at the cashier because I didn't have much time to look thru the menu and there were a lot people behind me. So I got nervous and made wrong decision. Luckily after I got seated, I managed to ask the waitress to change my order.

Crispy Fried Prawn and Pork Rolls (S$4.90)


Couldn't remember the taste... my bad! I guess it was just average so I don't have any impression.

Prawn and Sesame Rice Crackers (S$3.90)


The prawn crackers was good, crunchy and not too greasy but the rice crackers was a tad bland and hard. It is best served with their salad but I didn't order that because I overlooked. Maybe next time.

Pho Chicken (S$7.90)


The first pho in my life! I really love the broth, I have missed it for the past 25 years and I can only keep eating it for the rest of my life to make up my mistake. The broth was rich and warm with lots of herbs and spices, no MSG at all but very tasty. The rice noodles was soft and smooth too. It easily become one of my favourite comfort food.

Cold Cut, Caramelised 5-Spice Pork Belly, Chicken Floss (S$6.90) 


Grilled Chicken, Egg Omelette, Chicken Floss (S$6.90)

Bahn Mi is a toasted baguette stuffed with savoury meats with chicken pate, mayonnaise, hot chili peppers, pickled carrots, daikon, cucumber and cilantro. The portion is quite big, bigger than subway lol. Although there are a lot of ingredients combine together but it worked very well. The sweet and sour taste burst in my mouth, very appetising. But two servings was too much I should probably just order one to share.



Nam Nam Noodle Bar (Plaza Singapura)

68, Orchard Road #01-55,
Plaza Singapura
S (238839)

6837 2234

Open daily 8am - 9.30pm (last order)


No comments:

Post a Comment