Sunday 24 August 2014

J's at Purvis Street

Been craving for paella for months so I finally went to J's on Raya holiday. J's is a halal restaurant that serves latin american food, tucked away on Purvis Street which is famous for Saveur, Gunther's, Garibaldi and Yhingthai Palace. I have to say J's is a very cute restaurant, because, it serves latin american food, but, its halal, also, they have separate menu for vegetarian. I understand from another blog rubbisheatrubbishgrow that the owner of J's has the philosophy of having food to bind people together, I think she did it very well.



The interior is as cute as the restaurant itself, colorful, cozy, welcoming atmosphere. Service was great, the waiter was very attentive and very patient on explaining every food we ordered. For drink, the waiter recommended lychee cooler.


Lychee Cooler (S$8)


It is slightly too sweet from my liking, I should have order cuban mint or salty lime next time. For food, we had paella and chicken fajitas to share. The paella is a bit different from what we usually see, there is chicken, barramundi, salmon and chicken sausage instead of seafood. Nevertheless, it tastes really good. The saffron rice is flavourful and we enjoy it very much.


Paella (1 serving S$28, 2 servings S$39)


Then, we had fajitas. It served on sizzling stone plate that come with chicken breast, sautéed onions, bell peppers, cabbage, mushrooms and warm tortillas.  

Chicken Fajitas (S$29)

The portion is quite big, suitable for sharing. My only complain is too less tortillas! I wish I could order more.




It comes with 4 type of sauces, from left is salsa, sour cream, guacamole and grated cheese. Love'em all except the sour cream because it is kind of bland. Last, we had churros for dessert. 

Churros with Bananas and Mangoes (S$12)

The churros taste good, however, I like to eat it with cream but the version here is serve with mascarpone sabayon that layered with salted caramel bananas and fresh mangoes. I find it a bit too sweet (nowadays I tend to say everything is sweet after half year not eating any desserts)

Overall, J's left me a good impression with good food and good service. I will definitely go back again to try other dishes that other food bloggers recommended.

J's Restaurant

7 Purvis Street,
#01-01
Singapore 188586


+65 6887 4787

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds so D-E-L-I!!!! Will definitely give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete